2 1/2 Pounds russet potatoes
1/2 C Heavy cream
1/2 C Butter
2 T Garlic, minced
1/4 C Parmesan cheese, shredded
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Wash the potatoes and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Set a large collander into a large stock pot. Cover the bottom of the pot with 1 1/2 inches of water. Set the pot over medium high heat.
3. Add the potatoes, cover with a tight lid and steam the potatoes for about 15 minuts.
4. Carefully remove the collander and rince the potatoes under running water to remove the starch.
5. Add water to the pot so you have 1 1/2 inches again. Return the collander to the pot and contiue to steam the potatoes until a knife inserted slides in easily.
6. Remove the potatoes to a large bowl and mash them with all of the remaining ingredients.
Cook’s notes: You can peel the potatoes, but the skins have nutrients and add a texture to the finished potatoes.